Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Best Tow Guy Ever

This past Friday my car decided to not work.

I was about to leave a shopping center when I heard a horrible sound. It sounded as if my engine had fallen out of my car. My car was still running, but would not move forward. Luckily, it would go in reverse. After reversing my car out of the way, I then tried to push my car in neutral. It still would not go forward. I had no idea what the hell was going on. I ended up calling information for a tow service. The information lady asked me which tow service I wanted and I told her it didn't matter. She gave me a number and I called it.

When the tow guy showed up he asked what was wrong with my car. I thought this was weird. They usually only ask where I need my car towed. I told him I had no idea, but it might be the transmission because that is what people had told me (I called a bunch of people). He asked if he could take a look and I told him to go ahead.

After lifting my car up and looking under it he said he had found the problem. One of the bolts on my brake caliper had come loose and became stuck on my rim, locking my wheel. He then said that he could fix it for me for free.

Unbelievable.

I'm now going to cut this story short because I'm tired of typing and the Superbowl is about to start.

He needed a new brake caliper part in order to fix it. He drove me around for four hours to five different used parts places in order to find the part so I wouldn't have to take it to a shop. He fixed it.

All he charged me was the regular towing fee.

If you're in the Houston area and you need a tow call:

Bert D. Polk
832-890-3413

No comments:

Post a Comment