Monday, January 5, 2009

Mexicans On TV

They need to put more Mexicans on TV who don't have an accent. It seems like every Mexican I see on TV has just learned to speak English. Not only that, its always for commercials about cheap car insurance.

Why do they have to reinforce the stereotype that all Mexicans are poor and can't speak English?

Stereotypes suck.

I'm a coconut (brown on the outside, white on the inside). This doesn't mean I wish I was white, it means my personal culture is more American than Mexican. For example, I would prefer chicken noodle soup over menudo.

The only time I sound Mexican is when I say the word "caca" and I love to say the word "caca". So, maybe I am pretty Mexican.

I know I'm not the only coconut out there. They need to put more coconuts on TV.

Actually, they just need to put me on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment